Monday, April 26, 2010

Consistent Thoughts

"Don't Follow Me"

Going to face this head on.
Loneliness will be my friend for a while.
Walking on a tight rope
That's angled on a steep slope.


Persistency is key.
Knowing I'm gonna fall.
I'm gonna climb back on
Til the return of the Son.


Don't follow me here,
the view isn't so clear.
I need to find my advocacy.
Time will pass before you see me.


I'll resist what I can, with a helping hand.
Don't worry about me, just let it be.


"Better Than Ok"

I don't remember falling so hard.
The ground I walk is rougher than it seems.
Searching for safety among this war.


I wanna be doing better than ok.
Tired of just feeling fine.
This time, it's gotta be different.
Flaws are not in my design.


Creatures in this mirror
Are poking at the fear.
Oh father, how I despise you
Never telling me what is true.


This armor is receiving dents close to the heart
It may finally be time for a fresh start.
Tired of being torn apart.



"Far From Here"

Walking in this room
Not feeling the mood.
Thoughts of despair.
Is anything fair?


Can this be a dream?
Something other than what it seems.
I want to wake up somewhere else.
I'm growing tired of myself.
Is it too much to ask for help?


Nightmares invading my sleep.
Waking up in the middle of a weep.
Pain taking over in my chest.
Taking over and causing unrest.


Far from here, is where I wanna be
Home isn't feeling like home to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Playlist

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.